The Shit To Get
As jstn has made clear, it's important to get good shit. Here are my suggestions of products and services worth paying money for.
Last updated April 6, 2014.
- For keeping your keyboard clean, 3M Keyboard cleaner kit.
- For hiding your workstation's wires, Bluelounge CableBox.
- For a flexible power surge, Accell PowerSquid.
- For inflexible power surges, Tripp Lite Isobar.
- For an iPhone dock, Belkin Charge and Sync Dock.
- For desktop speakers, Audioengine A2+ and these stands.
- For covering cords on the floor, D-2 Rubber Duct Cord Cover.
- For opening letters, Presto Letter Opener.
- For black & white printing, Brother HL-2270DW.
- For a monitor, Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display with a MacFrame.
- For cleaning monitors, Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Wipes.
- For pens, Pilot G2.
- For a notepad, Doane Paper Flap Jotter Large.
- For blocking out sound, Bose QuietComfort 15 Noise Cancelling Headphones.
- For shelving, Uline Wire Shelving.
- For an closed laptop stand, BookArc.
- For an open laptop stand, The Roost.
- For a vacuum cleaner, Miele S2121.
- For a handheld vacuum, Black & Decker CHV1410L Dust Buster.
- For torque, Makita LCT200W 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit.
- For removing lint & shit from your clothes, Scotch Lint Rollers.
- For wiping, Huggies One and Done Fragrance Free Baby Wipes.
- For blocking our bright LEDs, LightDims.
- For air filters, IQAir.
- For a portable speaker, UE Boom.
- For a portable synthesizer, Teenage Engineering OP-1.
- For getting strong, Starting Strength.
- For posture & how you use your body, Alexander Technique.
- For general sanity, lots of sleep including daily naps.
- For blocking out light, Mindfold Sleep and Relaxation Eye Mask.